當中途對你與您的家人來說會是個很棒的經驗，你會因為知道你幫忙救了一隻動物的生命而感覺很有成就感。 當中途可提供友誼的感覺與重要意義，你的善行將會以筆墨無法形容的報酬償還給你。 有些動物需要醫療照護/行為治療，或是太小還不能被領養，中途之家使我們能讓動物們準備好被領養到牠們永久的家。
Fostering is a wonderful experience for you and your family, you can feel good knowing you have helped save an animal’s life. Fostering provides companionship and purpose; your act of kindness is repaid in rewards that are beyond words.
Fostering allows us to better prepare animals for adoption into their permanent homes. Animals that need a foster home are usually ones that need medical care/ behavioral therapy, or still too young to be adopted.
那些動物需要中途之家? What kinds of animals need a foster home?
- Puppies/ Kittens that are too young or immature to be adopted
- Puppies/ Kittens and young dogs/ cats that require more socialization
- Older or senior dogs/ cats that will be more comfortable in a home environment
- Injured dogs/ cats or those recovering from surgery
- Neglected or abused dogs/ cats that need tender loving care
- Dogs/ cats suffering from “shelter stress” in need of calming home environment
- Dogs/ cats with special medical needs
- Abandoned mothers with litters of puppies/ kittens
- Any dog/ cat when the shelter becomes overcrowded
中途要當多久? How long is a fostering term?
Depending on the type and the needs of the animal. The average stay in foster home is about one to three months. However, most puppies/ kittens and some dog/ cat with great photos and stories may stay only a few weeks. Recovering from an injury, certain breeds and senior dogs/cats may stay much longer.
我們會提供什麼? What does the SPCA provide?
- Help and guidance
- Basic behavioral training
- Medical fees
- Sponsored pet food when available
- On-going promotion for your foster animal